Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I will bring a bottle of wine but I WILL NOT split the bill

I am off today for the first attempt at the search and rescue mission. The day started with a phone call from the recruiter wanting to let me know that they are moving along to step 2, the backround check. I always jump at the chance to have one of these done because I know there is not so much as a parking ticket on my record (although that may change tonight). I have my first official date with Mike and it’s in the city. Seems like a good plan for a first date because there is a start time and a finish time, I have to be home at 9:00. I have not had a real date in…seems like forever. Men these days seem to cheap out when it comes to dates.

The last 5 or 6 guys I have “seen” (I use “seen” because in order to consider it dating there actually has to be a “date”) have pulled the “ lets go to my house or yours and get a bottle of wine and order in food if we get hungry”. One idiot came to my house and actually wanted me to split the delivery bill with him. HELLLOOOOO dumbass, if I wanted to pay for my own dinner I would go out with my friends after all I know I like them. Kind of makes you wonder what these guys see in the mirror. Ok so you have a package…Duh, that’s how they knew to put “male” on your birth certificate, and just in case no one bothered to tell you- there are billions of those packages in the world, not a damn thing special about yours.

My point is when you get to your 30’s and are still dating, the men who are eligible to date seem to bypass the “getting to know each other” stage. I hate the feeling of being on a date with one of them so I am praying that tonight is a breath of fresh air, not even that he would be “the one” just a person that has some chivalrous values and self respect would be nice.

1 comment:

Lemon Gloria said...

Yay! Good news on both job and guy! I hope you have a great time tonight! Big hugs, Lisa