Monday, January 28, 2008

Crazy People

This past weekend my Guardian Angel was hard at work protecting me from meeting someone in person that I am pretty sure does not need to be a part of my life.

I have been talking to this man for about a year. What I can tell you is that his world is completely drama driven. When we first started corresponding he was in the process of selling his “Foot Doctor” practice, and teaching at a college in NY as well as taking classes, while needing to go to Iraq for volunteer work for 3 weeks. I am no rocket scientist but even with the best possible Time Management skills I am inclined to yell BULL****. Personally I think he is into nefarious activities but I am told often to “Focus on the Low Lights.” So take it for what it is worth.

Last June he took a position as a Professor at a college in Miami. Over the summer he had placed phone calls to me telling me that he broke his hand while trying out for a professional baseball team, or that a group of gang bangers mugged him. (This man is 6’8” and 250 lbs – who in their right mind would choose him to mess with?) His grandmother passed away TWICE, and he has been through 3 vehicles.

Most of the time I wouldn’t answer the phone when he called I would just hit the button on the side of it that silences the ringer. But every now and again he would catch me at a time when answering his call wasn’t an inconvenience. All in all he pointed out that we had been talking for over a year and he would like to meet me in person. I said sure and he planned on flying here this past weekend.

On Friday we had some bad weather and I had a feeling the flight would be delayed. He was due in at 8:15 p.m. I checked the website for his flight and saw that it was delayed until 9:58 p.m. He was to call me and let me know when he had checked into the hotel. Finally at about 11:15 p.m. I called him. The phone went directly to the message that says, “I’m sorry the person you are trying to call has a mailbox that has not been set up yet.” Oh and he doesn’t send or receive texts either.


Now you are probably wondering…..why on earth would I have even agreed to meet with this whack job? Simple…...I was bored, perhaps that makes me crazy?

3 comments:

Lemon Gloria said...

I can understand why - it costs you nothing if you only answer when you feel like it, aren't invested, and aren't ever going to ask anything of him. Plus, you're probably curious. I would be. But if he starts to live rent free in your mind, then you'll get rid of him.

Double D's Daughter said...

I actually changed the ring tone for him to SILENT. Just incase he does decide to call, I won't hear it. hee hee

Finally Free said...

You did have a guardian angel. There's something wrong with that guy... he's a compulsive liar, and you could tell even over the phone. Thank GOD you didn't spend the weekend with him!!