Friday, February 22, 2008

Evidently some people think they can get what they want by merely bitching

Along the path of getting to know someone you get to know their boundaries, % of truth and drama they like to have in their life, and whether they are cleansing or toxic to your world. This holds true with friends, people you date, co-workers, neighbors, parents of my son’s friends, teachers, clients, anyone and everyone you come in contact with where character matters. (No I do not pick apart the people at the gas station; all I expect from them is my change and a simple “Have a nice day.”)

A few things people know about me, I am punctual, I do things without having to be asked, and I do things that I may have to apologize for tomorrow but… I DO THEM... I am extremely decisive and while I have been known to keep my mouth shut where wishy-washy people are concerned they always know where I stand.

A little incident at work today got me thinking about people’s character. Some people believe that everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, some believe that no one does. As for me I give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove that they don’t deserve it and then I treat them the way they treat me.

Today two of my co-workers had a disagreement as to who’s client a policyholder that was ready to sign up should be. One had the household in her name for over a year and had never made contact. The other had been in contact with the future client quite frequently over the past 4 months (there was also a household in his name). When it came to Co-worker 1’s attention that Co-worker 2 had the same household in her name, he asked me what I would do.

I looked at both households and told him that I would just handle it my way and eliminate the possibility of her trying to snake the business from him (there is a way to manipulate the system and make her household go away). I explained that knowing her I fully expect her to be an unfair B**ch about the situation. He chose to play by the book anyway and bring it to her attention (this was at 9:30 this morning). She of course claimed that she has been in contact and that he was trying to steal her policies (that she has never prepared quotes for). They then brought it to my manager’s attention. He immediately (before looking at both households took Co-worker 2’s side - which he does quite frequently). Then looked a little closer and said, “I need to think about this.” As I have stated in past posts…he is an Ass clown incapable of making a decision. It is now almost 3:00 in the afternoon and there still isn’t a resolution to the problem, but it has eaten up the majority of the day being talked about not to mention that the client is waiting for the applications.

Co-worker 1 is totally frustrated with how this is being handled and I don’t blame him. I told him…”I told you this morning that I could have fixed the problem before it started but noooooo, you wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don’t know much but I know people.”

2 comments:

Finally Free said...

Hmmm.... can't help but wonder why Ass Clown Boss always takes her side...

Lemon Gloria said...

You are extremely astute about people, no question.