Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Let the sun shine in!

I have 3 inches of solid ice on half my driveway. Most of the Midwest got hit with a lot of snow in the last 2 weeks and I decided since it was only me that needed to get in and out of the driveway (and I have 4 wheel drive), that it really wasn’t necessary to shovel the whole thing. Being female I guess I was swayed by the side of the brain that convinces us to put our hair up in a rubber band (rather than deal with the blow dryer and curling iron) , wear pants rather than a skirt (to avoid shaving), or go through a drive thru to pick up dinner (because you are hungry right now and the thought of waiting 4 minutes for the microwave to do its job is not something you are willing to do).

The sun decided to shine today and my brain has started to work again. I am happy to help people out, little annoying tasks that just 24 hours ago took every ounce of patience I had in me to complete just seem to take care of themselves. I am expecting an offer letter early next week for a position I am really interested in and was in contact today with someone in the industry I was in prior to Insurance that is hiring for a sales position that would actually be a perfect fit for me. It seems that things are looking up (knock on wood).

I was the recipient of a random act of kindness- which is another thing that can totally change any ones outlook on things. It was a simple e-mail from a customer I just signed.
(This e-mail was actually sent to my manager and he forwarded it along to me.)

“Recently I switched from State Farm to your company. I wanted to express my sincere thoughts about -“Lauren”, one of your Sales Associates, during my crossover. She showed great professionalism in getting me all the relevant information, follow up, communication and showed relentless patience. Her positive and a very friendly attitude while working out various permutations/combinations ( would have driven me nuts if I were sitting in her chair ) was factored in my decision. She is truly an asset you, keep hiring such good people and see your business grow. Thanks for your time.”

WOW, I totally needed someone to just “be nice”. Funny thing when I read this e-mail, I felt like for a few minutes all the stress I have been under was worth it. About 5 minutes after receiving this e-mail, flowers were delivered to my office. I don’t have (or want) a boyfriend currently (mostly because taking on another thing to be responsible for would pretty much be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel’s back), but a really nice gesture all the same.

I guess its safe to pluck the pins and needles out of my butt and sit in comfort for a while…don’t ya think?

2 comments:

Finally Free said...

I do think! You deserve a comfortable chariot at this point. ;)

And congrats on the potential job offer - I am so excited! **knock on wood**

Lemon Gloria said...

That is awesome! Fingers crossed on the new job!